3 Elements to Include in Your Next Change Campaign ( from the Harvard Business Review)
Changing employee behaviour is hard because it’s not a one-time decision, but rather an ongoing campaign that requires dedication and perseverance. Next time you need to spearhead a change campaign, incorporate these three elements:
1.Memorable messages.Clear, memorable, succinct messages are the foundation of a change campaign. Create a message that is emotionally compelling and easily repeated.
2.Stories. People remember stories better than they do numbers or facts. Tell stories about why the change is important or that illustrate the benefits of changing.
3.Call to action. For any campaign to be successful, the audience needs to know what it can do. Be clear about the action you want your people to take and ways they can start today.
You Tube an interesting view from :
DEALING WITH COMPLEXITY :
Complexity is one of the largest problems plaguing organisations, and most leaders yearn for more simplicity. But don’t confuse simple with easy. Ridding your organisation, department, or process of unnecessary complexity requires careful attention.
Remember these three Cs when trying to restore simplicity:
- Collaboration. Silos are the enemy of simplicity. Work across the organisation to identify where the complexity is and together improve the way business is done.
- Coordination. Smooth coordination is critical to finding simple solutions to the problems you’re trying to solve.
- Communication. Once you’ve managed complexity, you can be sure it will try to find its way back in. Open and regular communication will allow you to identify it before it takes hold.
- NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS : Coaching via Skype / Facetime / 1 to 1 meetingsMy career experience includes HR Director and senior executive roles in Barclays plc and Tesco plc leading major transformation and complex change programmes reporting at Board level .I have an MBA, BA and I am a member of the Association for Coaching. I am an accredited coach with over 12 years of private client coaching experience and as an associate consultant with Penna (UK) dealing with career, life,executive and business coaching and counselling. I work in mentoring and coaching partnerships with executives to help achieve gains of importance to them.I help people of all ages, different cultures and job levels to understand more about themselves, their impact on others and how to develop across major dimensions in life.
I respect the integrity and confidentiality of my clients building on their existing great skills and abilities and evolving enhanced self guidance : ” No one in the world was ever you before, with your particular gifts and abilities and possibilities.”Specialties: Holistic / systemic approach to coaching
- Change leadership coaching
- Remote coaching via Skype and Apple Facetime
- Coaching for Executive performance /High Potential including C level
- Senior Executive mentoring
- First 100 days
- Career Coaching/portfolio lifestyle
- Coaching for powerful presentations
- Life Coaching
- Executive advice on staff insight surveys
- Facilitating key meetings and C- level strategic retreats engaging around people decisions that flow from business choices
- Business/HR Strategy ,Change Leadership
- Communications strategy
- Psychometrics,NLP,Emotional Intelligence
- Confidence&Self Esteem
- Creativity coaching
- Independent Consulting propositions coaching
- Non Executive director coaching
- Business Report/White Paper writing
- Graduate career coaching
Just a thought :
Five frogs are sitting on a log.
Four decide to jump off. How many are left?
Answer: five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.
For a free exploratory discussion on 1 to 1 or GROUP learning/coaching sessions contact me on: