Acting and thinking at the next level
A powerful approach is to visualise and research the requirements to reach the next desired level in your career .
For example you may be a senior IT manager and want to target an IT Director role or CTO/CIO role.
Some useful steps help you to position for this:
1. Research and collect evidence using a range of current role descriptions in existing internal and external job advertisements
2. Map out the key requirements for the target role, for example in terms of the required:
- People skills – leadership , stakeholder engagement, influence skills, network and coalition building, client relationships etc
- System and Process skills
- Change leadership / management skills
- Strategic and analytical /synthesis skills
- Delivery and operational excellence
- Commercial acumen
- Depth of applied experience
- Education or Academic/ Technical qualifications
Peter Cobbe coaching
- NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS : Coaching via Skype / Facetime / 1 to 1 meetings
- My career experience includes HR Director and senior executive roles in Barclays plc and Tesco plc leading major transformation and complex change programmes reporting at Board level .I have an MBA, BA and I am a member of the Association for Coaching. I am an accredited coach with over 12 years of private client coaching experience and as an associate consultant with Penna (UK) dealing with career, life,executive and business coaching and counselling. I work in mentoring and coaching partnerships with executives to help achieve gains of importance to them.I help people of all ages, different cultures and job levels to understand more about themselves, their impact on others and how to develop across major dimensions in life.
I respect the integrity and confidentiality of my clients building on their existing great skills and abilities and evolving enhanced self guidance : ” No one in the world was ever you before, with your particular gifts and abilities and possibilities.”Specialties: Holistic / systemic approach to coaching
- Next role positioning coaching
- Remote coaching via Skype and Apple Facetime
- Coaching for Executive performance /High Potential including C level
- Senior Executive mentoring
- First 100 days
- Career Coaching/portfolio lifestyle
- Coaching for powerful presentations
- Life Coaching
- Executive advice on staff insight surveys
- Facilitating key meetings and C- level strategic retreats engaging around people decisions that flow from business choices
- Business/HR Strategy ,Change Leadership
- Communications strategy
- Psychometrics,NLP,Emotional Intelligence
- Confidence&Self Esteem
- Creativity coaching
- Independent Consulting propositions coaching
- Non Executive director coaching
- Business Report/White Paper writing
- Graduate career coaching
Just a thought :
Five frogs are sitting on a log.
Four decide to jump off. How many are left?
Answer: five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.
For a free exploratory discussion on 1 to 1 or GROUP learning/coaching sessions contact me on: