When producing a business plan to secure investment ensure that the content and structure allows a potential investor to understand your proposition easily. Inform the approach by considering what does an investor want to see by answering these questions :
1.What is the market size and demand for your product/service – and have you provided evidence about this possibly including market testing ?
2. Have you completed current and potential competitor analysis and insights on how competition might evolve?
3. Have you clarified your competitive advantage / unique proposition and how advantage will be maintained ?
4. Have you shown consideration for the balance between risk and opportunity ?
5. Have you completed realistic forecasts informed by your market research and competition analysis?
6. Have you demonstrated why you ( and/ or your team) have the right level of commitment , passion, skills and knowledge to make this happen?
Some excellent books to inform your thinking and approach:
BUSINESS ACCOUNTS SOFTWARE