REFLECTIONS : Some questions to help inform your life
A year from now you will wish you had started today.
— Karen Lamb
“They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”
– Andy Warhol
The aim of these questions is to help stimulate insights and/or to help provide a new perspective.
- What are my core values and drivers right now?
- Who am I becoming?
- What am I settling for?
- Where do I focus my attention?
- How am I using my gifts?
- What would I like to learn right now
- What am I holding onto that I no longer need?
- How much time do I spend with people who inspire me?
- How much time do I spend with people that drain me?
- What would I do if I knew I couldn’t fail?
- How can I be happy in my career?
- How can I be sure that my relationship with my family is an enduring source of happiness?
- How can I live my life with integrity?
- What one thing could I change for the better right now?
- Who do I need to speak to or seek help form to achieve any desired change(s)?
- How will I know that I have achieved a specific change?
- Do I need to prioritise or sequence these changes?
- Is there another question I want to ask to inform my thinking?
Putting it together (considering importance right now to you and interdependencies).
|Questions||What does this mean for me?||What will I do?|
|What are my core values and drivers right now?
|Who am I becoming?
|What am I settling for?|
|Where do I focus my attention?|
|How am I using my gifts?
|What would I like to learn right now?
|What am I holding onto that I no longer need?
|How much time do I spend with people who inspire me?
|How much time do I spend with people that drain me?
|What would I do if I knew I couldn’t fail?
|How can I be happy in my career?|
|How can I be sure that my relationship with my family is an enduring source of happiness?|
|How can I live my life with integrity?|
|What one thing could I change for the better right now?
|Who do I need to speak to or seek help from to achieve any desired change(s)?
|How will I know that I have achieved a specific change?
|Do I need to prioritise or sequence these changes?
|Is there another question I want to ask to inform my thinking?
|WHAT HAVE I LEARNED FROM CONSIDERING ALL OF THESE INSIGHTS?|
“The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.” -Theodore Roosevelt
You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –A.A. Milne
Peter Cobbe coaching
- NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS : Coaching via Skype / Facetime / 1 to 1 meetingsMy career experience includes HR Director and senior executive roles in Barclays plc and Tesco plc leading major transformation and complex change programmes reporting at Board level .I have an MBA, BA and I am a member of the Association for Coaching. I am an accredited coach with over 12 years of private client coaching experience and as an associate consultant with Penna (UK) dealing with career, life,executive and business coaching and counselling. I work in mentoring and coaching partnerships with executives to help achieve gains of importance to them.I help people of all ages, different cultures and job levels to understand more about themselves, their impact on others and how to develop across major dimensions in life.
I respect the integrity and confidentiality of my clients building on their existing great skills and abilities and evolving enhanced self guidance : ” No one in the world was ever you before, with your particular gifts and abilities and possibilities.”Specialties: Holistic / systemic approach to coaching
- Remote coaching via Skype and Apple Facetime
- Coaching for Executive performance /High Potential including C level
- Senior Executive mentoring
- First 100 days
- Career Coaching/portfolio lifestyle
- Coaching for powerful presentations
- Life Coaching
- Executive advice on staff insight surveys
- Facilitating key meetings and C- level strategic retreats engaging around people decisions that flow from business choices
- Business/HR Strategy ,Change Leadership
- Communications strategy
- Psychometrics,NLP,Emotional Intelligence
- Confidence&Self Esteem
- Creativity coaching
- Independent Consulting propositions coaching
- Non Executive director coaching
- Business Report/White Paper writing
- Graduate career coaching
Just a thought :
Five frogs are sitting on a log.
Four decide to jump off. How many are left?
Answer: five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.
For a free exploratory discussion on 1 to 1 or GROUP learning/coaching sessions contact me on: