HR DIRECTOR ATTRIBUTES
HR Director Attributes – an effective HR Director..
- Provides strong leadership and direction
- Can work across a multi stakeholder community
- Has ability to deliver cohesive OD and people strategy enabling business strategy
- Knows how to drive through change improving performance and productivity
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- IS Highly influential
- Leads and drives HR capability
- Develops and implements HR policy including Management/Leadership development training
- Enables Succession planning and reward processes
- Is an agent of cultural change enabling a collegiate and participative culture
Professional HR attributes
What would you add?
- Astute commercial acumen; not just of your own business but of the economic and social factors affecting the company’s markets
- Authentic Consultancy Skills; genuine partnership and expert questioning and problem solving.
- Expert relationship management; not new concept obviously but must be done well with the right people, not just the obvious ones.
- Proactivity and Opportunity spotting – pre-empt business issues and deliver tomorrow today.
- Active External Networking – bring external perspectives to your business and develop a reputation for yourself.
- Innovation and creativity – Innovate! if you can’t then see what innovations you can adopt and champion. Move things forward.
- Exceptional Influencing Skills; master the art of persuasion based on addressing their dissatisfaction not yours. create a buzz of activity.
- Output focus and Metrics – baseline activity before starting and measure success – absolutely essential.
- Courageous conviction – passionately believe in what you do and what a difference you can make. Fight your corner and have the courage of your convictions.