5 KEY ATTRIBUTES
Line managers have a key role in building trust and engagement in the organisation. In his article on The Power of Great Managers, Towers Watson’s Global Practice Leader Adam Zuckerman identified the five key attributes of top-performing managers:
Tower’s Watson’s five key attributes of top-performing managers:
- Crafting jobs: developing roles that are challenging, fulfilling, energising and achievable
- Developing people: crafting personalised plans focused on an individual’s long-term growth and development
- Delivering the deal: ensuring employees are rewarded for their efforts using the entire portfolio of intrinsic rewards at their disposal
- Energising change: building the organisation’s resilience to change by developing the individual’s understanding of and ability to cope with the entire spectrum of change
- Authenticity and trust: acting as a role model of humility, intellectual honesty, interpersonal sensitivity and behavioral consistency.
Looking across the model’s components, we can clearly see a common theme: Effective managers understand what each individual requires and leverage the organisational systems to deliver it.
This means paying attention to each person’s talents and interests, and customising their work, their development opportunities and their rewards accordingly.
The model predicts these actions will improve sustainable engagement and, therefore, business performance. Of course, it is always desirable to test these assertions and examine their unique aspects inside each company by incorporating questions like those found in the table below into your next engagement survey.
- NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS : Coaching via Skype / Facetime / 1 to 1 meetings
- My career experience includes HR Director and senior executive roles in Barclays plc and Tesco plc leading major transformation and complex change programmes reporting at Board level .I have an MBA, BA and I am a member of the CIPD and Association for Coaching. I am an accredited coach with over 12 years of private client coaching experience and as an associate consultant with Penna (UK) dealing with career, life,executive and business coaching and counselling. I work in mentoring and coaching partnerships with executives to help achieve gains of importance to them.I help people of all ages, different cultures and job levels to understand more about themselves, their impact on others and how to develop across major dimensions in life.
I respect the integrity and confidentiality of my clients building on their existing great skills and abilities and evolving enhanced self guidance : ” No one in the world was ever you before, with your particular gifts and abilities and possibilities.”Specialties: Holistic / systemic approach to coaching
Remote coaching via Skype and Apple Facetime
Coaching for Executive performance /High Potential including C level
First 100 days
Career Coaching/portfolio lifestyle
Coaching for powerful presentations
Executive advice on staff insight surveys
Facilitating key meetings and C- level strategic retreats engaging around people decisions that flow from business choices
Business/HR Strategy ,Change Leadership
Independent Consulting propositions coaching
Non Executive director coaching
Business Report/White Paper writing
Graduate career coaching
Just a thought :
Five frogs are sitting on a log.
Four decide to jump off. How many are left?
Answer: five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.
For a free exploratory discussion on 1 to 1 or Group Session coaching contact me on: