I have helped many clients establish establish a Portfolio lifestyle
Typical definitions of this approach include :
1. A portfolio career is the pursuit of more than one income source simultaneously, usually by applying the various skills you’ve developed throughout your career to different types of work. For example, you could combine consulting with part-time work, teaching at a local college and freelance writing. You could use your speaking and facilitation skills to lead workshops at companies or educational institutions. You could even develop your own product or service.
2. A Portfolio lifestyle involves a balanced lifestyle including earning your income from a variety of sources. For example, you might work on freelance contracts or as a part-time employee for several organisations, and perhaps also run a business.
- In this way of working income is gained from several sources
- It is popular with those who have specific skills that are in demand by different organisations.
- At different times you might combine self-employment with, for example, short-term contracts or part-time, temporary or project work.
- Each job adds skills and experience to your portfolio.
- This type of work allows flexibility and can also be secure.
- A balance can be struck between paid and unpaid work and an improved lifestyle
Working with several clients I have noticed that some attributes or qualities help to underpin success including :
- some risk tolerance and courage,
- high self motivation and resilience ,
- adequate personal finances
- curious an interested in continuous personal development ,
- good interpersonal , self marketing and networking skills,
- seeking appropriate support from others
- willingness to take on new challenges and
- able to multi task.
Join the associated Linked In Group
Read the Free Portfolio Lifestyle magazine on FLIPBOARD
For coaching on all dimensions of developing and achieving a portfolio career/lifestyle contact me :
Peter Cobbe Coaching
For customised leadership coaching and free exploratory chat please contact me – email@example.com
NOW ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS : Coaching via Skype / Facetime / 1 to 1 meetings
My career experience includes HR Director and senior executive roles in Barclays plc and Tesco plc leading major transformation and complex change programmes reporting at Board level .I have an MBA, BA and I am a member of the CIPD and Association for Coaching. I am an accredited coach with over 12 years of private client coaching experience and as an associate consultant with Penna (UK) dealing with career, life,executive and business coaching and counselling. I work in mentoring and coaching partnerships with executives to help achieve gains of importance to them.I help people of all ages, different cultures and job levels to understand more about themselves, their impact on others and how to develop across major dimensions in life.
I respect the integrity and confidentiality of my clients building on their existing great skills and abilities and evolving enhanced self guidance : ” No one in the world was ever you before, with your particular gifts and abilities and possibilities.”
- Holistic / systemic approach to coaching
- Remote coaching via Skype and Apple Facetime
- Coaching for Executive performance /High Potential including C level
- First 100 days
- Career Coaching/portfolio lifestyle
- Coaching for powerful presentations
- Life Coaching
- Executive advice on staff insight surveys
- Facilitating key meetings and C- level strategic retreats engaging around people decisions that flow from business choices
- Business/HR Strategy ,Change Leadership
- Communications strategy
- Psychometrics,NLP,Emotional Intelligence
- Confidence&Self Esteem
- Creativity coaching
- Independent Consulting propositions coaching
- Non Executive director coaching
- Business Report/White Paper writing
- Graduate career coaching
Just a thought :
Five frogs are sitting on a log.Four decide to jump off.
How many are left?
Answer: five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.